We are a group of Anglican clergy and lay people who value the evangelical heritage of the Anglican Church, and who endeavour to make a positive, constructive contribution at local, diocesan and national levels. EFAC (Aust) is part of the world-wide Evangelical Fellowship in the Anglican Communion.
We operate under a National Constitution
We adopted a set of Rules of Association at our AGM in 2010
Our purpose is to maintain and promote a strong biblical witness in and through the Anglican Church so as to advance the cause of the gospel in Australia.
Our aims rest upon the conviction that a strong biblical witness is essential for the life and health of the Anglican
Communion. within the wider context of seeking first God's kingdom and the building up of his people.
- To promote the supreme authority of Scripture in matters of both faith and conduct throughout the Anglican Church at every level of its life and witness
- To share with members of the Anglican Church a commitment to biblical obedience particularly in the areas of Christian discipleship, servant leadership, church renewal, and mission in the world.
- To foster fellowship and unity among evangelical Anglicans throughout Australia.
- To function as a resource group to develop and encourage biblically faithful leadership in all spheres of life.
- To provide a forum, where appropriate:
a) for taking counsel on important issues, in order, where possible to develop policies in matters of common concern, and
b) for articulating gospel distinctives in the area of faith, order, life and mission by consultations and publications.
- To promote evangelism through the local church and planting new congregations.
- To co-ordinate and encourage EFAC branches/groups in provinces or dioceses of the Anglican Church of Australia.
Our leadership team is:
President: The Most Rev Glenn Davies (Archbishop of Sydney)
Vice Presidents: The Rt Rev Trevor Edwards (Assistant Bishop, Canberra-Goulbourn), The Rt Rev Tim Harris (Assistant Bishop, Adelaide), The Rt Rev Richard Condie (Bishop of Tasmania), The Rt Rev Rick Lewers (Bishop of Armidale)
Chair: The Rt Rev Stephen Hale
(Vicar, St Silas & St. Hilary's - Shac Community, VIC)
Deputy Chair: The Rt Rev Michael Stead (Assistant Bishop, Sydney)
Secretary: The Rev Adam Cetrangolo
(Chair EFAC VIC, Vicar, St Catharine's South Caulfield)
Treasurer: The Rev Chris Appleby
(Examining Chaplain Diocese of Melbourne)